Some days I get to sitting; waiting; wishing as though I were that ever barefoot, insufferable imp Jack sodding Johnson. Wishing for everything to be that bit more simple; that bit more carefree, though ultimately more caring. And when I listen to the wistful instrumental doo-wop waltzing of The Bell Peppers’ Moonlight Heartache, I get the impression that the Mancunian duo comprising Miyk Topping and Dominic Oliver yearn for that very same reality. It’ll never happen – life’s been irrevocably disrupted by technology, and an obsession with money, and all manner of other malevolence, just as the bluer section of their native city has been – though for the four short minutes this one ambles along for, everything feels alright. It’s strangely therapeutic in that sense, and we can but helplessly prescribe a dose of the below…
Dot Dot Dot
- Ding Dong. Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- On the Horizon: Paps, Upskirts & Macabre Pop, Selebrities.
- Gallery: Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, Queen Elizabeth Hall, February 15th 2013.
- On the Horizon: Back 2 Basics, Blac Hollywood.
- On the Horizon: ReJoyce, Keep The Lights On.
- Newly announced for @OfficialRandL, @BrodyDalle and @bloodredshoes: http://t.co/zJU79dbyP2 about 14 hours ago from web
- We're currently switching servers – again – hence today's drastic lack of activity, but should be back with it soon enough. #EnjoyTheSilence about 1 day ago from Twitter for iPhone
- Here's @giorgiomoroder putting his distinctive spin on @coldplay's #Midnight https://t.co/d4ls2fLbjy http://t.co/8ofXpRgaMB about 2 days ago from Twitter for iPhone
- Needing to burn off a few excess calories in the coming days? You could do worse than to stick Percussions' Sext on… http://t.co/Wr7Va9t8is about 6 days ago from web