Some days I get to sitting; waiting; wishing as though I were that ever barefoot, insufferable imp Jack sodding Johnson. Wishing for everything to be that bit more simple; that bit more carefree, though ultimately more caring. And when I listen to the wistful instrumental doo-wop waltzing of The Bell Peppers’ Moonlight Heartache, I get the impression that the Mancunian duo comprising Miyk Topping and Dominic Oliver yearn for that very same reality. It’ll never happen – life’s been irrevocably disrupted by technology, and an obsession with money, and all manner of other malevolence, just as the bluer section of their native city has been – though for the four short minutes this one ambles along for, everything feels alright. It’s strangely therapeutic in that sense, and we can but helplessly prescribe a dose of the below…
Dot Dot Dot
- Ding Dong. Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- On the Horizon: Paps, Upskirts & Macabre Pop, Selebrities.
- Gallery: Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, Queen Elizabeth Hall, February 15th 2013.
- On the Horizon: Back 2 Basics, Blac Hollywood.
- On the Horizon: ReJoyce, Keep The Lights On.
- Her wounded rhymes gaping painfully, @LykkeLi rattles off the emotively wracked Gunshot: http://t.co/VLhTmCUIwA about 40 minutes ago from web
- So good to see the master balladeer, Sean Nicholas Savage, back @ScalaLondon this evening! http://t.co/4kV4bhNyWN about 11 hours ago from web
- After a night of gawky awkwardness musical? You could do far worse than heading for @Timber_Timbre & Sean Nicholas Savage @ScalaLondon... about 17 hours ago from web
- The sort of track to keep your eyelids open long beyond closing time, stream @Clancymusic's racy Take It Slow: http://t.co/jt1VbtcB7y about 17 hours ago from web