Some days I get to sitting; waiting; wishing as though I were that ever barefoot, insufferable imp Jack sodding Johnson. Wishing for everything to be that bit more simple; that bit more carefree, though ultimately more caring. And when I listen to the wistful instrumental doo-wop waltzing of The Bell Peppers’ Moonlight Heartache, I get the impression that the Mancunian duo comprising Miyk Topping and Dominic Oliver yearn for that very same reality. It’ll never happen – life’s been irrevocably disrupted by technology, and an obsession with money, and all manner of other malevolence, just as the bluer section of their native city has been – though for the four short minutes this one ambles along for, everything feels alright. It’s strangely therapeutic in that sense, and we can but helplessly prescribe a dose of the below…
Dot Dot Dot
- Ding Dong. Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- On the Horizon: Paps, Upskirts & Macabre Pop, Selebrities.
- Gallery: Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, Queen Elizabeth Hall, February 15th 2013.
- On the Horizon: Back 2 Basics, Blac Hollywood.
- On the Horizon: ReJoyce, Keep The Lights On.
- I'll cut the hackneyed platitudes, but bloody hell, if you ever get the opportunity to go see @serafinasteer, do. http://t.co/SjqnAOsE33 about 12 hours ago from web
- Dots & Dashes' Track of the Week comes from the (mercifully) returning @sharonvanetten. Stream Taking Chances: http://t.co/B09ON2VXEW about 1 day ago from web
- The bad news? That Neutral Milk Hotel, Mac DeMarco and Xiu Xiu all play that night, too: http://t.co/lEcyTwO8Dp about 1 day ago from web
- The good news? Speedy Ortiz return to London, playing Islington's Electrowerkz May 22nd. Brilliant last time out, too http://t.co/jaoKKsGPG4 about 1 day ago from web