Another Monday and to commemorate the crushing mundanity the day embodies with a most despairing inherence, we’re back here divulging a further ten tracks from our 2012 ranking. Our previous instalment took in a Fuck Button, the irrefutably inimitable Bobby Womack, and a lo-res JPG of a cat in a box. This one, meanwhile, clicks through a smattering of woebegone London lo-fi, a couple snared from the Captured Tracks roster, the inevitable Hot Chip entry, and something ever so slightly special from Sam Willis who was once, all in all, just another brick in Walls…
Dots & Dashes’ Tracks of 2012: #21 – #30.
30. ides, trains.
29. Bare Pale, Mexican Wave.
28. Chris Cohen, Caller No.99.
27. Hot Chip, Flutes.
26. Mac DeMarco, Freaking Out The Neighborhood.
25. John Talabot, Destiny (feat. Pional).
24. AlunaGeorge, Just A Touch.
23. Sam Willis, Frozen/Cirrus.
22. Jay-Z & Kanye West, No Church In The Wild (feat. Frank Ocean).
21. Lisa / Liza, Grief Wave.